Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vitamin C: How I use it :-)

So if you follow me on Twitter you will have seen I have being sick with a Viral Infection. So haven't had any energy to do anything apart from sleep.

I spent 2 hours waiting to see the doctor and I was in there 2 minutes and she was like its a viral infection cant give you anything. No advise on what to do or take, So I was wasn't happy waiting 2 hours for this response and said I wanted a antibiotic and she gave me one. Which after more research wouldn't do me any good.

So for the past 2 weeks along with lots of sleep this is what I have being taking:

Manuka Honey (either on its own or mixed into Orange juice, Its very sweet and make you feel a little sick!) Lockets Honey and Lemon ( they are all over my room) and this is something new I have being trying. When ever I'm sick its usually to do with my throat so I try to get extra Vitamin C so I take Beeline Effervescent C Vitamin C+ Zinc tablets. One in water every day or sometimes 2 a day. But I have noticed that it was getting harder to take them. So I experimented with a glass of water mixed with squash (ie. Robinson's drink Orange) and a Effervescent C Vitamin C+ Zinc tablets and it tastes very similar to Fanta Orange!

This is a good option if you don't like the Effervescent tablets on there own.

Something else I use when I have a cold or Flu is A.Vogel Echinaforce Resistance drops. The smell or taste mixed with water isn't great but I mix mine with Robinson's black current drink and its masks the smell.


Let me know if you have tried this or any other portions when your sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Reply to comment]